GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS
Well it is a common practice to consider a gynecologist a specialist/physician who can deal with all the problems related to women’s health and especially their reproductive cycle. But in fact, there is slight difference between a gynecologist and the one who deals especially with pre and post pregnancy period- called obstetrician.
Basically gynecology/obstetrics is one specialty that further splits into two different fields. With gynecology dealing with all issues related to women’s healthy and especially ailments related to women’s reproductive organs such as vagina, cervix, fallopian tubes and uterus. It is also concerned with problems related to hormonal changes, urinary issues etc. since they are related closely to female reproductive organs.
On the other hand, obstetrics deal with the issues related to pregnancy and the welfare of a pregnant woman and her child during and after birth. Pregnancy can give rise to a number of complications such as problems related to placenta, pregnancy, high blood pressure and third trimester bleeding that are the foreboders of further complications not only during pregnancy but are also capable of posing a threat to safe labor and delivery as well.
However, if handled by a competent obstetrician, there is not much to worry about since an obstetrician is well trained to deal with any situation that may or may not be life threatening. An obstetrician is thus concerned with a making a pregnancy to run smoothly and ensuring the good health of both the mother and her baby.
An obstetrician is also proficient enough to handle any complications that may occur during childbirth. Whether the baby is delivered vaginally or through C-section, an obstetrician knows how to deal with problems that arise during any of the procedures mentioned above.
Since pregnancy is not a piece of cake and a woman has to undergo a lot of changes, so after delivery an obstetrician is concerned with the smooth transition to routine life of both the mother and her baby. As post pregnancy phase is equally important to be dealt with care as is the gestation phase.
COMMON PROBLEMS IN OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
As a woman your body undergoes remarkable changes during the course of your reproductive lifetime and hence giving rise to some health issues related to gynae. Some common problems related to gynae and obstetrics are;
- Ectopic pregnancy (a condition where the embryo is in a fallopian tube or anywhere outside uterus
- Third trimester bleeding (lower part of the uterus gets thin causing the are of the placenta over the cervix to bleed).
- Premature rupture of membranes or PROM (is the rupture of amniotic sac before the labor begins).
- Premature birth
- Hypertension (aka high blood pressure)
- Postpartum period (begins immediately after the birth of a child with mother’s body reverting back to the non-pregnancy state).
- Prenatal care (also known as preventive healthcare including regular check-ups)
- Antepartum care (it relates to the period before childbirth it includes initial prenatal history and subsequent prenatal history).
- C- section
- Normal labor
- Normal delivery
- Postpartum infections
Problems related to Gynecology
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Vaginal infections
- Pelvic pain (pain that radiates between the belly button and groin).
- Fibroids (abnormal growths thar develop in or on a woman’s uterus).
- Amenorrhea (absence of menstruation- one or more missed periods).
- Menorrhagia (heavy periods)
- Menopause (the end of menstrual cycles).
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Hormonal replacement
- Contraceptive counseling
- Ovarian cysts (fluid- filled sacs that grow in or on one or both the ovaries).
- Urinary tract infections
- Decreased libido (decreased sex drive)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Endometrioses (it is a menstrual fluid that occurs at the end of every menstrual cycle).
- Irregular bleeding (heavy bleeding for more than one day along with clots and cramping).
- Yeast infections (they are the cause of vaginal irritation caused by the overgrowth of the yeast cells).
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES I WON’T HAVE TO GO THROUGH C-SECTION?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions by females since most prefer to undergo normal delivery. C- section is basically a surgical procedure of delivering a baby that involves making incisions to safely and quickly deliver the child. With this ease that it brings to both the mother and the surgeon of safe and quick delivery, C- sections are promoted all over the world. However, many women still opt for normal delivery as it is a natural procedure that brings advantages of its own.
But what procedure that you are going to undergo depends largely on two factors, first your health and second is the option that you make while opting for a hospital to deliver your baby.
If you are over weight or have diabetes, or any other complication- it simply increases the chance of having a C- section. Secondly your choice of hospital since it is a common practice that is on rampant these days all across the hospitals in Pakistan to promote C-section as it is the quickest way and to some extent safe as well. Since hospitals with a lot of patients try to opt the procedure that enables them to deal with maximum patients in minimum time.
So, your choice while opting for a hospital counts a lot when it comes to which procedure you really want to undergo. Whatever procedure you may like to undergo, keep in mind that both the procedures have their own pros and cons but the staff at Al-Raazi hospital choose the procedure by keeping in view the safety and ease of the patient since we are not working for money but to help people. As reducing the unnecessary C- sections is ultimately the responsibility of the hospitals.
WHERE DO I GET AFFORDALE GYNECOLOGY TREATMENT IN RAWALPINDI?
Al- Raazi hospital in Rawalpindi with its competent and deeply experienced staff is the best option to get your gynae or obstetrics problems solved under affordable charges. Obstetricians and gynecologists at Al-Raazi Khidmat hospital work with teams of doctors and specialists in other areas to make sure you get the care you need. So, you can have your treatment done under affordable charges if you prior make a wise choice while looking for an obstetrician or gynecologist, where you can find expertise along with comfort, ease of communication and best treatment with affordable charges.
If you are really looking for the best treatment, schedule an appointment now at Al- Khidmat hospital to experience the best treatment in town.
HOW MUCH IS THE COST FOR DELIVERY IN RAWALPINDI?
Cost varies from procedure to procedure. In order to have a full fledged idea about cost for the particular procedure you want to undergo, visit Al- Raazi Khidmat hospital for any queries.